Need Help! Is it possible to use mergetool without Overwrite

southindiansouthindian Member Posts: 247
edited 2014-05-30 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Experts,

I would like to hear your advice on how to use Mergetool. I have a doubt on how to use merge tool..

I am currently doing a merge projects trying to merge all the new customization done in NAV2013 to NAV2013 R2.Already few customizations is done directly in nav2013r2.
I have to update NAV2013 customizations with my modifications from Nav2013r2 to NAV2013. Also i need to keep the existing functionality on NAV2013 as it is. But the issue is, while i am importing my Txt file to NAV2013 it replaces(overwrite) the existing file on it. So, the existing functionality has been replaced by my modifications(NAV2013R2).

Is there any way to merge both the txt file(keep both changes - older and newer)?

Iam using the latest release of Mergetool MGT1.50.17.
Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• southindiansouthindian Member Posts: 247
    HI all,

Seems nobody is interested in discussing this topic!!!
    I'm worried!!
    Thank you for giving your love and support!!
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Don't think that's possible, as Mergetool is used for upgrading and not for downgrading.

You can contact the author of this tool, Per Mogensen, directly through his website http://www.mergetool.com .
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)