Bottom New on DropDown List

mcorvaisiermcorvaisier Member Posts: 19
edited 2014-05-20 in NAV Three Tier
Hello,

I have a problem with navigation between the pages. When I'm on a sales line, I have access to the lookup section to create a new item:
sjCWR2W.png

I would either block access to this new button, but only from this page, or initialize some information on my new Item from my Sales Line page but that does not influence my filter list from the page lines sales.

eg :
if I insert a new item from this way, I want the item to be inserted with the order number specified in a specific field. But when I look at the list of items, I don't want any filters on the order number specific field.

Hoping to be comprehensible.

Have you any idea on the best possible solution?

Thanks.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I think that it will be hard to dowhat you want.

You cannot change anything on the FAST mini page. Only fields which are there.

And you cannot pass value to the page because you do not want to set filters.

Only way I see is set the order no. into some "shared" object when you are on the sales order page, and use it when creating the item. But there could be side-effects because it is hard to say if you really are creating the item from the sales order or just from somewhere else.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • mcorvaisiermcorvaisier Member Posts: 19
    Thank you for your reply that confirming my opinion.

The solution I put in place is no longer using the mini quick page but use the lookup trigger for open the page list.
    So I could create a function and pass parameters for the fields that I want put into my record and programming the OnInsert trigger ().
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Yes, much better solution, if you can just not to use the mini lookup.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.