Options

How to get the server name

RODRIGUELEVESQUEJRRODRIGUELEVESQUEJR Member Posts: 13
edited 2005-05-17 in Navision Financials
Hi,

I need to now the name of the server when in Navision.
It would help me to now to witch personne to send a email, when I am in developpement or production?

Can I get some help.

I have tryed EX: string:=ENVIRON('ComputerName') but it gives me the computer name not the server name. Is there a environmental variable to now the server name?

I have tryed with CONTEXTURL but I get an specified an unknown variable message.

Help me please.

Comments

• Options
    Savatage wrote:
    I have tryed with CONTEXTURL but I get an specified an unknown variable message.
    I have the 2.6 version.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Rodrigue.....

Most users in this community read all posts in all forums. There is no need for posting the same question in more than one forum. Please don't cross post.

thanks
  • Options
    DenSter wrote:
    Rodrigue.....

Most users in this community read all posts in all forums. There is no need for posting the same question in more than one forum. Please don't cross post.

thanks
    Sory I am new to forums
    Now I am in the good forum for the version 2.6 of Navision.
    I have receved responce on the other forums.
    They are using the CONTEXTURL for the version 3.1 and over.
    But for the version 2.XX my COMMANDLINE is emty.
    What can I do?
    Is there an environmental variable for Server Name like for the computer name Ex: string:=ENVRION(Computername); ?
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you are using Navision DB server, you can use table 2000000051 Navision Server to get the name of your server... if you are using MS SQL, there is no such a table (I am not sure, but the server name can be in session table than)...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    If you are using Navision DB server, you can use table 2000000051 Navision Server to get the name of your server... if you are using MS SQL, there is no such a table (I am not sure, but the server name can be in session table than)...

Hi
    How can I get the information from the table, with a "GET" on the table 2000000051 and put it in a variable, the table is a hidden table and I don't now how to get to them.
    Please Help me.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    :oops: Sorry, I checked up my info and it is not good solution... this table is list of available servers, but in many cases there is only [local only] server... (you must have functional the server list in open database if you want to have the server in this table...) I have no hint for you... :-# :oops:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    :oops: Sorry, I checked up my info and it is not good solution... this table is list of available servers, but in many cases there is only [local only] server... (you must have functional the server list in open database if you want to have the server in this table...) I have no hint for you... :-# :oops:

Thank's have a grate day.
    Is there some one that can Help me