Options

Upgrade executable 3.0 to 4sp3

sendohsendoh Member Posts: 207
edited 2014-05-15 in Navision Attain
Good Day!

Just want to ask if is it possible to upgrade the executable of navision 3.0 to 4sp3? does anyone who already did this? please share your experience [-o< what would be the challenges of doing this.

Thanks in Advance
Sendoh
be smart before being a clever.

Comments

• Options
    cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    It's pretty straight forward. Just open the database with the new executable. Remeber once opened you can't reverse it so test before. I'm running version 2.6 in 2009 executable with no problem.
    I prefer to make a backup (fbk-file) using the old NAV client, create a new database with the newer NAV client and restore that fbk in that database. Don't know if this is different then converting the database by opening it with the newer NAV client though.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    sendohsendoh Member Posts: 207
    Thanks Cernst and Luc, I see, it's the same way also when converting nav 5 to 2009, I thought there was something special since it was a old version. Thanks a lot guys.

another one, when I'll going to upgrade the objects it's the same way process of 5 to 2009?am I right?
    Sendoh
    be smart before being a clever.