Options

Diferent Database Versions on Developers Toolkit

SaalekSaalek Member Posts: 181
Hi

I have instaled Navision Developers Toolkit 4, but I have a problen.

I added a Navision 4 database, but when I try to import a Navision 3.70 database, I receive this message:

" The languaje of the file to import does not match the languaje of the .stx file"

:-k :-k

If nobody known he solution.... Can I have diferents database versions on the same developer toolkit ???

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Yes you can have different versions in the dev toolkit. I've had error messages pop up while importing directly from the client, but importing the objects from a text file has never failed me.
  • Options
    Hi

I tried to import a TXT file but I received the same message.

Thanks
  • Options
    Hi Again

I tried this and it works fine

I copied the fin.stx file from the developers toolkit file to Navision 3.70 client file and now the importation in the developer works fine, but I don't say if this change, can affect me in 3.70

Does anybody know if this change cold me affect in Navision 3.70 ??

Thanks
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    In NDT you can select, which stx you want to use...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    You probably have the same problem as in Italy. In Italy some keywords (like Yes,No,Version List,Date,Time and some system-tables) have been translated into the local language. So if you export objects as text, they have the translated words in it. (The Belgian DB doesn't have this problem,even if they have 3 CRONUS companies in 3 languages in the CRONUS-DB!)
    Every version of Navision had some differences. Until 3.70 I had to export all with the Italian Navision, otherwise the developpertoolkit went nuts.
    With version 4.0 it seems that (FINALLY!) all the keywords remain in english. So if you want to export a 3.70 or before as text, you have to take the wordwide navision, open your DB, and export as text. Like this you will not have problems importing it into the 4.0 developer toolkit.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    Hi
    Thanks everybody

Thas is the problem.