Navision Financials on Windows XP

daeromdaerom Member Posts: 3
edited 2001-12-28 in Navision Financials
Ok, basically I am running a test side on an xp machine we recently purchased, or trying to atleast. Whenever I try to Expand the database so that I may restore a backup of the live side to this test side it gives an error refering to insufficient disk space... I am not sure if this is an xp issue or a Navision issue, but if any of you have found a way to remedy this situation I would appreciate any help... Thanks

Comments

• John_TegelaarJohn_Tegelaar Member Posts: 159
    XP is close to Windows 2000, which runs fine with Navision. And the official Microsoft approval to carry the "Designed for XP" logo on Navision products has just been received, so it's not likely to be a flaw of either one.

Just guessing, but are you trying to expand the database while running on the demo (Cronus) license? This is limited in several ways, and database size is one of 'm. Did you try already to create a new database of the right size?

John

John
  • BobBrownBobBrown Member Posts: 17
    If you are not using a NTFS file system the OS will not let you create a file that is larger than 4GB. You can use the CONVERT command line utility to change from a FAT file system to NTFS.