Report upgrade

Rob_HansenRob_Hansen Member Posts: 296
edited 2014-05-08 in NAV Three Tier
I need to find out if there's a way to handle this scenario (beyond manually recreating the report). We're upgrading a client from V5 to NAV 2013 R2. We have a rather simple report to upgrade (simple layout). Our approach has been:

- export the report object
- import to NAV 2009 and create layout suggestion (which actually works fine because this one is so simple)
- export the report object
- import to NAV 2013

Here's where the problem hits. We can't upgrade the report as it comes in uncompiled so you get the error that it must be compiled first. When trying to compile, there is an error on a function call with the wrong number of parameters (presumably a base NAV function has had the number of parameters changed) but there's no way to see the actual code that's erroring out...you just see the error message and that's it.

Is there a way to continue in this scenario, or are we stuck manually recreating the report?

Comments

• zulqzulq Member Posts: 204
    Did you run the text upgrade on the report before importing into 2013? Also if you design the report and try save it should point to the error.
    Few years ago we were not existing and few years to come we would be in the grave! So what will benefit us in the grave?
  • JosephGressJosephGress Member Posts: 36
    You can comment out all the code using curly braces in NAV 2009 before exporting as text then remove the curly braces after importing in NAV 2013.
    Joseph Gress
  • Rob_HansenRob_Hansen Member Posts: 296
    Hi Joseph - Yes, that's what I ended up doing once I used my brain and thought about it. :) This report was fine as there wasn't much code...it would be a bit of a pain in a report with significant amounts of code/functions. Thanks for suggesting something here...silly that I hadn't thought of that in the first place.