Reporting Parameter Set value in body

kenneth73kenneth73 Member Posts: 59
edited 2014-05-05 in NAV Three Tier
Hi

Is it possible to change / set a parameter value in the body section i VS reporting designer.
Something like the Code.SetData i a hidden expression.

Thanks

Regards Kenneth Jessen

Comments

• SiStSiSt Member Posts: 46
    You mean the body of the rdlc layout in vs, right? As far as I know it is possible, but it is called when the page is rendered, so if you do it on the second page it is not set on the first page.
    Where do you want to print the information that you want to store?
  • kenneth73kenneth73 Member Posts: 59
    We have the code.setdata in the body in 206.
    My though was that if we could set parameters values instead of using SET/GET ??

Right now i'm using labels in NAV, that is parameters values in VS.

Does my question make sense :) ?
    I don't know if it would work, but what would be the advantage over using the SetData/GetData functions? You'd still need to set them to the values of the DataSet in the body section.
    Yes
    That's right

But, if I can SET a paramter value, I would have a parameter NAME ind på Header textbox instead of a textbox with <Exp>.
    And I will name my parameter from NAV Labels, like : SalesInvoiceHeader_Bill-to_Name

But I can't figure how to set the parameter value ind the body.. :)

Thanks
    I've used named TextBoxes in the past and used ReportItems!TextBoxName.Value, but that has also some disadvantages. One could also write a SetData/GetData function that uses a name instead of the integer, but it would not be possible to set more than one value with one TextBox from the body layout. Combining a name and an integer might be a good compromise, but I doubt that it is worth the work. How often do you want to modify the header / footer?
    I have to change the footer/header, maybe, very often :) ( regarding how many of our NAV customers that will not have the standard )

I'm going to have a standard layout, that can simple be modified to what the customer wants.

Is there no way where I in code can set the parameters in the body ?
    Something like this :

Parameter1 = Sell-toCustomerNo.;
    Parameter2 = No.;
    Parameter3 = Bill-toCustomerNo.;
    Parameter4 = Bill-toName;
    Parameter5 = Bill-toName 2;
    Parameter6 = Bill-toAddress;
    Parameter7 = Bill-toAddress 2;
    Parameter8 = Bill-toCity;
    etc.