New Service on 3Tier Installation (2009R2)

yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
edited 2014-05-01 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,

We are planing to create new service instance (2009R2) on same Server and another server. Current installation type is 3tier installation. So we need to do the SPN and delegation for 3tier installation (normal installation). We will be use existing account (NAV service a/c) for new service instance and share the port on existing (NAV Server-1) and another server (NAV Server -2).

My question is do we need to do the SPN and Delegation for new service instance on existing server and new server? Can be duplicate SPN or what? :roll:

Best Regards,
Yukon
Make Simple & Easy

Answers

• PoltergeistPoltergeist Member Posts: 200
    Yes, you need to create a new SPN for the new services, as you cannot have two services on one machine with the same instancename. SPN's are created based on instancename, servername, portnumber and username. For more info: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd301254.aspx.
  • yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
    Hi Poltergeist,

Thanks for your reply.
    We will give different service instance name but we can use port sharing.
    SPN's are created based on instancename, servername, portnumber and username.
    Now i'm confuse it. :?:

Sample SPN cmd. Is it right? How is port no?
    setspn -A DynamicsNAV_1/NAVSERV.yourDomain.yourCompany.com:7046 yourDomain\yourUser
    setspn -A DynamicsNAV_2/NAVSERV.yourDomain.yourCompany.com:7046 yourDomain\yourUser

Best Regards,
    Yukon
    Make Simple & Easy
  • PoltergeistPoltergeist Member Posts: 200
    7046 is the portnumber. If you want to do this, don't forget to use the NetTcpPortSharing service, and set dependency for that service...
  • yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
    Hi Poltergeist,

Thanks. I'll do the NetTcpPortSharing service.

Regards,
    Yukon
    Make Simple & Easy