Service Principal Name (Delegation)

mloopsmloops Member Posts: 5
edited 2014-04-29 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Guys,

I recently started getting the following error message on my 3 tier implementation of NAV 2013 R2 and I was wondering if anybody out there has experienced the same to help out. Am stuck on this on ](*,)

Message: The Service Principal Name (Delegation) configuration has been set incorrectly. Server connect URL: "net.[url=tcp://navserver:7046/DynamicsNAV71/Service]tcp://navserver:7046/DynamicsNAV71/Service[/url]". SPN Identity: "DynamicsNAV/navserver:7046"
The X.509 certificate CN=XXXXXXXX, O=XXXXXXX, L=XXXXXXX, C=XXXXXXXX is not in the trusted people store. The X.509 certificate CN=XXXXXXX, O=XXXXXXX, L=XXXXXX, C=XXXXXX chain building failed. The certificate that was used has a trust chain that cannot be verified. Replace the certificate or change the certificateValidationMode. The revocation function was unable to check revocation because the revocation server was offline.

A point to note is am not using a test certificate but an actual one from a certification authority

Any help will be appreciated.

Comments

• geordiegeordie Member Posts: 655
    This is a quite complete list of tasks to do for implementing certificates.
    Moreover, as mentioned, ensure that client and NAV server has the same time zone: even a little time difference can cause problems.