Options

MIS reports

AnjanaAnjana Member Posts: 8
I am implementing a solution in Navision 3.70. There are many complicated MIS reports which are to be generated through the system.
At present these are maintained in Excel with many worksheets , interdependent on each other.
There are concepts of Transfer Pricing betwen GL accounts and different dimensions, Financial Budgets, Quantitative Budgets, Apportioned expenses/revenues across dimensions and different companies.

Does any one have an idea, how to develop such kind of reports?
Is OCX,ODBC with Olap technology a better idea than to customize these reports in Navision Report objects?
Has anyone used Jet Reports?

Any suggestion will be helpful.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    hansfouserthansfousert Member Posts: 46
    Hi Anjana,

Reading your posting I would definitely go for Jet Reports if I were you:
    - very easy to use functions, 1 specifically for Financial reports
    - multi-company in 1 single report
    - rows, columns, sheets, matrix-reports
    - dimensions are integrated as fields: no need to know the separate Navision dimension tables
    - AutoPilot that creates reports at any moment

And there are a lot more interesting features. :D

Please contact me directly so that I can reply to your additional questions. Or maybe you've got some real examples that you would like to show, so that I can tell you how they can be created with Jet Reports.
    Kind regards,

Hans Fousert
    Microsoft Certified Trainer and Jet Reports Certified Trainer
  • Options
    AnjanaAnjana Member Posts: 8
    Many thanks for the reply.

I have not used Jet Reports, but saw a demo on the net itself. By the face of it, looks like that it can provide them with the solution they are looking for. Are these Jet Reports exclusively for Navision?

What technology are they using?

Any idea, how much will it cost for the customer if he agrees to buy it?

Thanks and Regards,

Anjana
  • Options
    hansfouserthansfousert Member Posts: 46
    Although Jet Reports was originally developed for Navision, it is now compatible with all open databases, e.g. SQL, Oracle etc. So you can build any report you want.

For information about pricing, distribution etc. I would like to recommend you to get in touch with Jet Reports itself. Their contact information is on their website: http://www.jetreports.com/contact.html. The person you are looking for is Paul Hollcraft.
    Kind regards,

Hans Fousert
    Microsoft Certified Trainer and Jet Reports Certified Trainer
  • Options
    ShenpenShenpen Member Posts: 386
    I would do what I suggested in the "Demistfying Business Intelligence" topic.

Do It Yourself is they key. Standard code might work - your code surely works.