Tenant could not be found

eYeeYe Member Posts: 168
edited 2014-03-31 in NAV Three Tier
Playing around with the multi-tenancy idea.

I have two services running for two separate application databases.
For each I have setup 2 tenants (the tenants on the second service is similar to below),
 Get-NAVTenant DynamicsNAV71 | Format-Table

State ServerInstance    Id            DatabaseName   DatabaseServer  AllowAppDatabaseWrite   DefaultCompany 
----- --------------     --            ------------      --------------   -----------------------  -------------
Mounted MicrosoftDy... default      NAV710_Cronus  localhost           True                             CRONUS Int...
Mounted MicrosoftDy... manuf001   Manuf001          localhost           False     

I can create a table in C/SIDE but the moment you try to modify or delete the table I get:

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Development Environment
Tenant 'default' could not be found.
Check that:
1. Tenant 'default' is mounted on the server, or
2. Specify a different Tenant in Tools|Options.

OK

The Server Name, Server Instance Name, Tenant and the various ports under Tools|Options are configured correctly as far as I can tell...

Am I missing somethine
Kind Regards,
Ewald Venter

Comments

• eYeeYe Member Posts: 168
    Tried to delete the object by importing a empty object, nothing.
    Cleared the options as described previously, nothing.
    ](*,)
    Kind Regards,
    Ewald Venter
  • eYeeYe Member Posts: 168
    Found the following:
    "Prevent data loss from table changes" option: If your solution deploys in a multitenant deployment architecture, the change will only apply to a tenant database that is mounted using the Mode parameter set to force.

But with "Prevent data loss from table changes" Option set to Yes, and mounting the tenants with Mode=ForceSync it still raises error.

What did seem to work though is:
    1. Dismount the tenants,
    2. Import/make changes
    3. Mount tenants
    4. Sync Tenants

With "Prevent data loss from table changes" Option set to No, modifications can be made. (Assuming you will still need to do a sync)
    Kind Regards,
    Ewald Venter