How can i save pdf file from web with areport without layout

gorvega79gorvega79 Member Posts: 73
edited 2014-03-27 in NAV Three Tier
hi all

I have a web conected to navision (version 2009 sp1) trhow webservices, i want to create a pdf file launching a report from web calling a navision function. i know that the reports without layout doesn´t work throw web services and because of i can´t save pdf file, navision bring me a Error. i have been searching about this and i don´t find nothing clear, then my question is this ¿is posible launch a report from web service without layout, or exist another way to create pdf file in navision from a web?

thanks, regards

Answers

• yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
    Hi Gorvega,
    gorvega79 wrote:
    i know that the reports without layout doesn´t work throw web services and because of i can´t save pdf file, navision bring me a Error

Why you can't save pdf? What is error? I have done in 2009R2 using with
    [{Ok} :=] SAVEASPDF(Number, FileName [, Record])

. But you need to do the RDLC report and you need to search and avoid user action(confirm and input).

Best Regards,
    Yukon
    Make Simple & Easy
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    There exists PDF libraries that allows you to create a pdf through code. Use Google and search for "pdf library". But it will be much easier if you use a RDLC-report with a layout!
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • gorvega79gorvega79 Member Posts: 73
    Thanks both for the answers.

There are a lot of pdf libraries but I have to do using Navision functions. Our Navision version is 2009 sp1 and the error that show me is when I run saveaspd is “don´t exist object report xxxxxx”, I try to change licence to and nothing. i wil follow searching…….

Thaks very much