MS SQL 2000

wochmwochm Member Posts: 26
edited 2001-12-14 in Navision Financials
I use Navision Financials 2.60 on Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and I have problem with sorting text and code fields.
I mean, on native db we have e.g. this order: 1, 2, 3, 10, 12, 100, but on SQL order looks as follows:
1, 10, 100, 12, 2, 3.
So could someone help me to solve this problem?
Please, send answers on my private address:
marcinwoch@wp.pl
Marcin Woch

Comments

• rmotzerrmotzer Member Posts: 11
    In the Navision field properties the SQL-FieldType is "Varchar" as a default. So the sorting is as described. If the field-values are always numeric, then you could change the SQL-Field to "Integer".

See the Doku of the upgrade-toolkit, that comes with your product-cd. There the upgrade from the C/Side-Database to SQL is explained in detail.
  • wochmwochm Member Posts: 26
    Thanks for your reply.
    I know this property, but it is not solution to my problem. A can not use non-integer values.
    Other problem but connected with above mentioned, is:
    I put one record into e.g. Customer table and the number of customer is 'A', and I put another record with number 'A-1'.
    In NF database 'A' is before 'A-1', int SQL 'A-1' is first. So when I try to fill an invoice with 'A' customer, program automatically fills in "Sell-to Customer No." field value 'A-1' even though I choose 'A' customer.
    I can not fill any document with 'A' customer on SQL 2000 database using NF client.