Import Bank Statement in NAV 2013 R2

postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
edited 2014-05-15 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

I was trying to use the Auto Bank Reconciliation feature available in NAV 2013 R2, on a IN Database.

But to the setup are too complex or may be i didn't find the right link to do the Setup.

After following whatever i found, i was unable to import the bank statement file into NAV 2013 R2 IN Database.

Could anyone please share any link about setups for Bank Reconciliation (Specifically on Import the File Provided by Bank)?

One more Query - i have three banks which provides the Bank statement in below listed format -
1. CSV.
2. TAB Delimited.
3. ASCII.

Are all the above format supported by standard or i need to customize?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page

Comments

• postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    Dear Mohana,

Thanks for the Reply, but i have already tried the video.

The Video just list down the steps where the setup is already done.

It does not list the Steps for the setup that need to be done for importing the Bank Statement.

If you have any link which list down the steps of setup please share it.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
  • RpoulsenRpoulsen Member Posts: 2
    Hi

I have the same problem. I've seen the video, but I need to know what to fill into the "Bank Export/Import Setup"

In the video the values in "Bank Statement Import Format" have already been generated. In my version I don't have any values to choose from.

I hope someone can help on this issue.

Best regards,
    Rasmus
  • lyngelynge Member Posts: 85
    Hi
    The Danish setup is included in the Cumulative Update 1 (which is not a Rollup and is not fully included in the Rollups).
    The Cumulative update 1 contains an XML-file with all major Danish bank formats and can be imported in NAV using the Import Data Exchange Setup action on the Posting Exchange Definitons page.

By the way: Cumulative Update 1 also contains upgraded objects, which is not part of the Rollups (not so far anyway).
    So it should always be applied to installations (just if you did'nt know that. I only discovered this recently)...
  • thakerthaker Member Posts: 10
    I think you need to enable the data exchange framework in order to import the bank statements. Not all the formats of all the bank statements are alike so my guess is there has to be custom import functionality has to be created in the form of Codeunit or XMLport.

Here is the original NAV team link for enabling data exchange frame work. Please check it out and let everyone know.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav/archive/201 ... ework.aspx