Permissions Security Filter - RTC vs Classic

jelittlejohnjelittlejohn Member Posts: 61
edited 2014-02-28 in NAV Three Tier
I have a client currently running NAV 2009 through the RTC. The client is small and up until this point they have assigned all users as SUPER users. However, they now want to begin limiting sales personnel to viewing only their own customers, orders, invoices etc.

To accomplish this I copied the pertinent S&R roles with new names, and then copied all the associated permissions. The I went through each permission line and added the security filter "Salesperson Code" = XYZ. Eventually, I would like the salesperson's userid to match their salesperson code in hopes of having a single role for all filtered salespeople, but for now, I just wanted to test with a constant. When complete, I had my original S&R role IDs and my new renamed roll IDs with security filter "Saleperson code" = XYZ on every applicable permission line.

I assigned these roles to myself for testing, opened the database in the classic client and everything seemed to work perfectly. I was now seeing only customers, orders, invoices, etc where salesperson code = XYZ.

However, when I opened the RTC. I got table permission errors when opening any of the relevant data, customer list, sales order list, etc. Initially, I thought that perhaps I had missed something when setting up the copied roles. However, as soon as I went to a permission line and removed the security filter, the data for that permission line would then appear in the rtc without problem.

Thank you in advance!

Since everything works in the classic client but not in the rtc, I am left wondering if it is an issue with the users Profile ID. We have not assigned any but the default Profile ID for the database is SALES ORDER PROCESSING. I gave this area a thorough look but did not see anything that made sense.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I might be missing? I have been synchronizing logins after each change but the results are the same.
Jack Littlejohn
Clemson, SC