XML port for text file import

abhi1901abhi1901 Member Posts: 102
edited 2014-02-27 in NAV Three Tier
How can we design XML port for import text files in Classic ?

Comments

• lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Not, unless you would have a service tier running and expose the XMLport through a webservice that you call from the classic client.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • abhi1901abhi1901 Member Posts: 102
    lvanvugt wrote:
    Not, unless you would have a service tier running and expose the XMLport through a webservice that you call from the classic client.

I am calling the XML port inside the CU.. So in this case it will work or we have to call that CU through webservices. ?

+if i am using the same webservice technique for importing CSV file is it will work too?
  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    abhi1901 wrote:
    I am calling the XML port inside the CU.. So in this case it will work or we have to call that CU through webservices. ?
    You have to call that CU through webservices.
    abhi1901 wrote:
    if i am using the same webservice technique for importing CSV file is it will work too?
    Yes, XMLports do only work on flat text files (in your case csv) in the 3-tier setup
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • abhi1901abhi1901 Member Posts: 102
    lvanvugt wrote:
    abhi1901 wrote:
    You have to call that CU through webservices.
    abhi1901 wrote:
    if i am using the same webservice technique for importing CSV file is it will work too?
    Yes, XMLports do only work on flat text files (in your case csv) in the 3-tier setup

Thank you for your response. It helped me a lot.