Printer Selections prints differently

Andy_SmithAndy_Smith Member Posts: 31
edited 2014-02-21 in NAV Three Tier
I have an RDLC report that is being directed to a label printer. If I don't set a Printer Selection for the report and print it by manually selecting the printer, it prints just fine. If I set a printer selection then it appears that it tries to print two labels side by side (running off the edge), followed by a blank label, followed by 2 side by side followed by a blank etc. I've never had any issues with Printer Selections doing this before and the fact that the label prints correctly when I manually select the printer is somewhat puzzling.

Has anybody experienced this, and if so, were you able to determine what causes it (so I can presumably fix it)?

Comments

• mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    First you must make sure it's using the same printer = printersettings..

With Print to a file you can check the date/time of the file.
  • Andy_SmithAndy_Smith Member Posts: 31
    Could you be more specific? Are printer settings variable, and if so how would I go about checking which set of settings correspond? It is distinctly the same printer (same name, and output is printed both ways, albeit with some bugs one of the ways), but if the printer settings are somehow stored separately that could go a long way towards explaining the difference. Label printers are notoriously finicky about settings.