NAV Upgrade 2009 SP1 to 2013 R2

jpvieirajpvieira Member Posts: 7
edited 2014-02-26 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

i am dealing with a NAV version upgrade and i have a few questions that i would appreciate your help:
- which are the typical risks, problems of the nav database migration tool ?
- how much time does this DB migration tool take, does it depend on the database size?
- Is there any migration tool that allows to migrate the classic reports to rtc?

thank you in advance.

Comments

• geordiegeordie Member Posts: 655
    I try to give you some clues, even if I have a very little experience regarding this:
    - Some problems can be caused by code merge necessary to realize porting of customization on 2013 R2 standard ojects.
    - It's a matter of a couple of minutes, it'll take you more time to assure posted entries has consistent values between Entries tables and Posted Document Dimension/Ledger Entry Dimension table (to avoid any upgrade problem).
    - This can be a good overview: http://mibuso.com/blogs/clausl/2013/12/05/report-transformation-competition/
  • DoomhammerDoomhammer Member Posts: 211
    hello

our company is preparing to welcome NAV 2013 R2 czech and we are looking for some descriptions of transformation application from nav 2009 R2 to nav 2013 R2
    we know that application for classic client must be converted to RTC, so we need to transform classic reports to RDL and forms to pages. but I did not find any information, how to convert 2009 R2 RTC application to 2013. Please can anyone point me to some articles or video, how to merge objects, which tool can be used to merge objects and how to convert data?

I tried to read something on MSDN but these articles are really sketchy and I did not get any practical informations from then.

thanks in advance.
    Martin Bokůvka, AxiomProvis
  • BardurKnudsenBardurKnudsen Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 137
    Regarding upgrade of pages and reports: You need to look for how to upgrade to NAV2009, which is the version that pages and rdlc reports were introduced. One source of information is PartnerSource, e.g.: https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... cesNAV2009
    Bardur Knudsen
    Microsoft - Dynamics NAV