Draycir Spindle EMF File from RDLC as image

mickukmickuk Member Posts: 47
edited 2014-03-11 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,

I'm currently designing a couple of new sales reports (invoice/credit) which are intended to be distributed using Draycirs' Spindle product. I'm encountering a few issues which have been highlighted by Draycir wherein the output that is sent to the printer driver from the RoleTailored client to produce an EMF file that is utilised by Spindle is being presented as an image rather than containing text that Spindle is able to parse.

Has anyone encountered this issue when trying to use Draycirs Spindle solution. To my knowledge we do not have control over how the report is sent to the printer (I could be incorrect to think this!). The only reference that I can find which sounds like a similar issue (albeit with a different, yet similar product ZetaDocs) can be found here http://www.equisys.com/technotes/ztn4081.htm. "Failing to do so results in the printed report being output as a grainy image rather than report text and therefore the Zetadocs Embedded Commands cannot be read from the report".

The new documents are in landscape orientation and have correct page sizes and margins defined.

Any feedback would be very much appreciated [-o<

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• mickukmickuk Member Posts: 47
    I failed to mention in my original post that this is for 2009 R2. Okay so it turns out that the issue appears to be coming from some kind of print scaling when the properties of the report (RoleTailored) are modified to be landscape (29.7cm, 21cm) compared to portrait (21cm, 29.7cm). As previously mentioned the border properties etc. are all within the printable area. The classic client works without any issues using either portrait or landscape orientation.

Applying the property 'landscape' in 2013+ works a treat, but I'm not aware of this property on the older RDLC.

Not sure if anyone has encountered this before or has managed to get around it, but as soon as I've got some kind of resolution I'll be sure to post it here :thumbsup:
  • mickukmickuk Member Posts: 47
    Turns out that this is a limitation with the reporting control that is utilised within 2009 R2. The only options that we've had are to revert back to the classic report layout, not create landscape style reports for RoleTailored output (use portrait) or upgrade beyond 2009 R2 where the issue is not present. Not ideal but at least there are several options.