"Old format or invalid type library" error export to Excel

arcullarcull Member Posts: 191
edited 2014-06-26 in NAV Three Tier
Hi there,

while working in NAV 2013 R2, we still have some customized exports to Excel done via Automation and not using the Excel Buffer table. However we encoutered an error saying "Old format or invalid type library" on some machines. Googling around revealed it is an issue with compatibility of "english version of Excel" and "non-US" settings in Windows. The solutions provided herehttp://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320369 talks about setting CultureInfo, but unfortunatelly I don't know how to use it in combination with Excel Automation (not dotnet!). So the question is, how do I implement CultureInfo with automations, a snippet of code would be very nice. Much thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• nyanunnyanun Member Posts: 2
    hi,
    found the same issue for double byte language before.

solution from microsoft to copy and paste excel.exe become xllex.dll under office11 folder doesn't work for me

but then i changed the language settings in office it worked..but for few character still was not good..

finally i bought the language from our re-seller and it works properly now...