NAV 2013 R2 - Fatal error during installation - NAV Server

bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
edited 2014-02-07 in NAV Three Tier
I am attempting to install a partial development environment on a machine and it continues to fail. I am selectign the following for installation:

1. Client
2. Admin Tool
3. Server

The install returns the following errors on completion:
Microsoft Dynamics NAV Build 35473
Error Report
Server
Language Module (fr-CA) for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server
Fatal error during installation.

Service 'Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server [DynamicsNAV71]' (MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer$DynamicsNAV71) could not be stopped.  Verify that you have sufficient privileges to stop system services.
Language Module (en-CA) for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server

Service 'Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server [DynamicsNAV71]' (MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer$DynamicsNAV71) could not be stopped.  Verify that you have sufficient privileges to stop system services.
Language Module (en-US) for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server

Created on "DEVNAVBASE"
2/6/2014 5:46 PM

The machine I am installing on is a Hyper-V virtual machine:

Windows 2008 R2 SP1
2 CPU
8 GB RAM

I am running as Admin. So this is not a permission issue as the message implies. It sort of seems like the install does not wait long enough for the service to stop.
Any advice or ideas would be welcome.
There are no bugs - only undocumented features.

Answers

• Ajay_KumarAjay_Kumar Member Posts: 5
    Please uninstall dot net frame fork which is already installed in your system and then try to install NAV. some times it happens if already any dot net frame work is installed in system that time it gives error of privileges.
  • thegunzothegunzo Member Posts: 274
    The user that is running the service, does he have enought priviledges for the database?
    http://www.dynamics.is
    http://Objects4NAV.com
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    thegunzo wrote:
    The user that is running the service, does he have enought priviledges for the database?

Not sure I follow your question. There is no database. I am just installing the service on a standalone machine. I will worry about configuring it later. For now, I'm leaving all the settings as is. I am the local admin of the machine.
    Ajay Kumar wrote:
    Please uninstall dot net frame fork which is already installed in your system and then try to install NAV. some times it happens if already any dot net frame work is installed in system that time it gives error of privileges.

Thanks for the idea, but this resulted in the same errors.
    Problem solved. On a suggestion, I reverted to installing each part separately. That allowed me to get thru the install.