Options

Server Instance problem - Nav 2013 R2 Installation.

SheejaSheeja Member Posts: 21
edited 2014-01-23 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,
I have installed Nav 2013 R2. But while opening creating new company in Administrator Shell.
It says ServerInstance DynamicsNAV71 is not running. if i start it in MSD Nav Server. It throws me a error as
Server Instance 'MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer$DynamicsNAV71' failed to reach status 'Running' on this server due to the following error: 'Time out has expired and the operation has not been completed.'. Additional information may be in the event log of the server.
Event Log as :

Server instance: DynamicsNAV71
The service MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer$DynamicsNAV71 failed to start. This could be caused by a configuration error. Detailed error information:System.ServiceModel.AddressAlreadyInUseException: There is already a listener on IP endpoint 0.0.0.0:7046. This could happen if there is another application already listening on this endpoint or if you have multiple service endpoints in your service host with the same IP endpoint but with incompatible binding configurations. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SocketConnectionListener.Listen()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SocketConnectionListener.Listen()
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionAcceptor.StartAccepting()
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ExclusiveTcpTransportManager.OnOpen()
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportManager.Open(TransportChannelListener channelListener)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportManagerContainer.Open(SelectTransportManagersCallback selectTransportManagerCallback)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TcpChannelListener`2.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ReliableChannelListenerBase`1.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelDispatcher.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.WindowsServices.NavServerWindowsService.StartWcfServices()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.WindowsServices.NavServerWindowsService.Start(String commandLineServiceInstanceName).
Can anyone plz help me out of this.

Thanks In Advance,
Sheeja
Thanks & Regards,
Sa

Comments

• Options
    postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    Hey Sheeja,

The event log itself tells you the problem.
    There is already a listener on IP endpoint 0.0.0.0:7046. This could happen if there is another application already listening on this endpoint or if you have multiple service endpoints in your service host with the same IP endpoint but with incompatible binding configurations.

Reasons -
    There are multiple RTC Version installed on your systems may be NAV 2009 with NAV 2013 R2.

Resolution -

Way 1 - (If you want to keep both version) -

Create a new service for NAV 2013 R2 with different port no. instead of standard which is 7045,7046,7047&7048.
    Say a new service with port no. 8045,8046,8047 & 8048.

If you don't know how to create a instance of service in NAV 2013 R2 read
    http://saurav-nav.blogspot.in/2013/11/nav-2013-r2-how-to-create-new-service.html.

Way 2 - (If you don't want to keep the earlier version) -

1. Uninstall NAV 2009 or whichever is the previous version.
    2. Repair the installation of NAV 2013 R2.

It should work as charm.

Let me know if you still have any doubts.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
  • Options
    Hi Saurav.. Thank you.. I have done the installation successfully but while running a object in Nav 2013 R2 developement environment. It throws me a message.. ie,

[Window Title]
    Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client

[Main Instruction]
    Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client has stopped working

[Content]
    Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.

[V] View problem details [Check online for a solution and close the program] [Close the program] [Debug the program]

Any solution for this.?
    Thanks & Regards,
    Sa
  • Options
    I have also installed nav 2013 in my system. With that i need to install nav 2013 r2.
    Finally struck with the above problem.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Sa
  • Options
    Hi,

Are you getting the error when you have both the versions installed?

I guess this is the case -

1. You have both the version installed and NAV 2013 was installed after NAV 2013 R2.

2. When you are trying to run objects from NAV 2013 R2 you will be getting the error.

Let me know if any issues.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

• Options
    Ya your right saurav. But now i uninstalled both & installed nav 2013 & nav 13 r2. Finally struck at this error :(:(

Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    The client version does not match the server version. You can only connect to a server with a matching version.

Client version: 7.0.33781.0

Server version: 7.1.35473.0
    OK
    Thanks & Regards,
    Sa
  • Options
    Hey Sheeja,

For the issue you can refer the post http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59216

I am also working on same and will try to find a simple solution too.

Let me know if any issues.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

• Options
    TomH_DKTomH_DK Member Posts: 13
    Hi All,

Just some info on how I use both NAV 2013 and NAV 2013 R2 :)

I'm running both the NAV 2013 and NAV 2013 R2 on my local laptop.
    I installed the NAV 2013 first and then the NAV 2013 R2.

Both of the "Development Environment" runs fine and also the Windows Clients.
    However, I can only run an Object directly from the dev.env.in NAV 2013 R2, hence it is the last version installed.
    The same goes for debugging. It only Works on the version installed last.

If I want to swicth the behaviour, I go to my Control Panel, chose Programs & Features, and finds the "Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013" (7.0.33781.0) program in the list.
    I then right click and choose "Change" and "Repair".
    This makes it possible afterwards to both run the debugger and objects from the NAV 2013 Development Environment.
    When I need the NAV 2013 R2 debugging Again, I "repair" the "Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2" (7.1.35473.0) program.

/TomH
  • Options
    tedl30tedl30 Member Posts: 59
    Sheeja wrote:
    Ya your right saurav. But now i uninstalled both & installed nav 2013 & nav 13 r2. Finally struck at this error :(:(

Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    The client version does not match the server version. You can only connect to a server with a matching version.

Client version: 7.0.33781.0

Server version: 7.1.35473.0
    OK

If you run 2013 you must register:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DYNAMICSNAV]
    @="Dynamics NAV Protocol"
    "URL Protocol"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DYNAMICSNAV\DefaultIcon]
    @="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\\70\\RoleTailored Client\\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe,0"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DYNAMICSNAV\Shell]
    @=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DYNAMICSNAV\Shell\Open]
    @=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DYNAMICSNAV\Shell\Open\Command]
    @="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\\70\\RoleTailored Client\\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe -protocolhandler \"%1\""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe]
    @="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\\70\\RoleTailored Client\\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe"
    "Path"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\\70\\RoleTailored Client\\"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{14519985-4959-4F7C-AC30-CBBCD9DFBC08}\TypeLib]
    @="{5020AC1E-A4F0-402B-A920-3FED4E3B05CC}"
    "Version"="7.0"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{E3041209-EDEA-36B5-ADE4-51E7751BE082}\TypeLib]
    "Version"="7.0"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\Interface\{14519985-4959-4F7C-AC30-CBBCD9DFBC08}\TypeLib]
    "Version"="7.0"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\Interface\{E3041209-EDEA-36B5-ADE4-51E7751BE082}\TypeLib]
    "Version"="7.0"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{5020AC1E-A4F0-402B-A920-3FED4E3B05CC}\7.1\0\win32]
    @="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\\70\\RoleTailored Client\\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.WinForms.tlb"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\Microsoft.Dynamics.NAV.ExcelAddIn]
    "Manifest"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\\70\\RoleTailored Client\\Microsoft.Dynamics.NAV.ExcelAddIn.vsto|vstolocal"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PowerShell\1\PowerShellSnapIns\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Management]
    "ApplicationBase"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\\70\\Service\\"
    "AssemblyName"="Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Management, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"
    "Description"="Microsoft Dynamics Nav Management Snap-in"
    "ModuleName"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\\70\\Service\\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Management.dll"
    "PowerShellVersion"="2.0"
    "Vendor"="Microsoft Corporation"
    "Version"="7.0.0.0"

If you run 2013 R2 you must register

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DYNAMICSNAV]
    @="Dynamics NAV Protocol"
    "URL Protocol"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DYNAMICSNAV\DefaultIcon]
    @="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\\71\\RoleTailored Client\\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe,0"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DYNAMICSNAV\Shell]
    @=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DYNAMICSNAV\Shell\Open]
    @=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DYNAMICSNAV\Shell\Open\Command]
    @="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\\71\\RoleTailored Client\\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe -protocolhandler \"%1\""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe]
    @="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\\71\\RoleTailored Client\\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe"
    "Path"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\\71\\RoleTailored Client\\"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{14519985-4959-4F7C-AC30-CBBCD9DFBC08}\TypeLib]
    "Version"="7.1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{E3041209-EDEA-36B5-ADE4-51E7751BE082}\TypeLib]
    "Version"="7.1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\Interface\{14519985-4959-4F7C-AC30-CBBCD9DFBC08}\TypeLib]
    "Version"="7.1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\Interface\{E3041209-EDEA-36B5-ADE4-51E7751BE082}\TypeLib]
    "Version"="7.1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{5020AC1E-A4F0-402B-A920-3FED4E3B05CC}\7.1\0\win32]
    @="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\\71\\RoleTailored Client\\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.WinForms.tlb"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\Microsoft.Dynamics.NAV.ExcelAddIn]
    "Manifest"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\\71\\RoleTailored Client\\Microsoft.Dynamics.NAV.ExcelAddIn.vsto|vstolocal"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PowerShell\1\PowerShellSnapIns\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Management]
    "ApplicationBase"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\\71\\Service\\"
    "AssemblyName"="Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Management, Version=7.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"
    "Description"="Microsoft Dynamics Nav Management Snap-in"
    "ModuleName"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\\71\\Service\\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Management.dll"
    "PowerShellVersion"="2.0"
    "Vendor"="Microsoft Corporation"
    "Version"="7.1.0.0"
  • Options
    Hi tedl30,
    Can you please tell me how to edit the registry?
    Thanks & Regards,
    Sa
  • Options
    geordiegeordie Member Posts: 655
    Windows logo -> Run -> Regedit and the use the search function to looks for the key mentioned above.
  • Options
    Sheeja wrote:
    Hi tedl30,
    Can you please tell me how to edit the registry?

Give me skype
  • Options
    hey tedl30.. Skype is not accessible in my office.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Sa
  • Options
    Sheeja wrote:
    hey tedl30.. Skype is not accessible in my office.
    Mail?