Options

NAV2009R2 security filter on Ledger Entries

entropusentropus Member Posts: 10
edited 2014-01-14 in NAV Three Tier
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd355364.aspx
I set up security filter for Vendor Ledger Entries (25) and Detailed Vendor Ledg. Entries (380) according to the procedure above.
Permission to read tables 25 and 380 were added to CU 90.
Indirect permission to read tables 25 and 380 were added to roles.

While posting a purchase invoice I get an error stating I don't have permissions to read Vendor Ledger Entry table.
When I switch to classic client and debug, the debugger stops and CU 90 and code VendLedgEntry.FINDFIRST.

What could be the solution?

Comments

• Options
    entropusentropus Member Posts: 10
    No ideas? :/
  • Options
    jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi,

the problem is that the security filter is page-wise (or so). The result is that more records are marked as forbidden than should be. The only solution was to remove the security filters, and change the posting process for the "restricted" postings to G/L.

with best regards

Jens
  • Options
    jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi,

the problem is that the security filter is page-wise (or so). The result is that more records are marked as forbidden than should be. The only solution was to remove the security filters, and change the posting process for the "restricted" postings to G/L.

with best regards

Jens
  • Options
    mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    jglathe wrote:
    Hi,

with best regards

Jens

Thanks for updating this. Could you explain this a bit more :)
    ""The only solution was to remove the security filters, and change the posting process for the "restricted" postings to G/L.""