Options

RTC error after update to Build 35784

bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
edited 2014-01-09 in NAV Three Tier
I recently updated a 2013 R2 database to build 35784. I now get a CS1729 error when I try to run the RTC. The error references CU 5150. I've sent this off to MS also. But was checkign if someone has seen this issue.
There are no bugs - only undocumented features.

Answers

• Options
    tedl30tedl30 Member Posts: 59
    bbrown wrote:
    I recently updated a 2013 R2 database to build 35784. I now get a CS1729 error when I try to run the RTC. The error references CU 5150. I've sent this off to MS also. But was checkign if someone has seen this issue.

Are you update client and servis folder? You must compile all objects with new build.
  • Options
    tedl30 wrote:
    bbrown wrote:

Are you update client and servis folder? You must compile all objects with new build.

Yup, done that. I could actually open the client until I did the re-compile. I would get errors on some pages. Now, after the re-compile, I can't even open the RTC.
  • Options
    tedl30tedl30 Member Posts: 59
    bbrown wrote:
    tedl30 wrote:
    bbrown wrote:

Yup, done that. I could actually open the client until I did the re-compile. I would get errors on some pages. Now, after the re-compile, I can't even open the RTC.

Restart servis?
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 920
    I had the same issue, have you checked that Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe and finsql.exe have the same build number ? That caused this error in my case after I compiled with Build 35800 and at the same time used a windows client with RTM build 35473.
    Apparently there was in change in the compiler in Rollup 1 and this leads to this "[…]NavTextConstant.does not contain a constructor that takes 5 arguments" error.
    Error messages : http://www.msdynamics.de/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=22080 (German forum)

These error messages came up on my local machine until the Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe (=Windows client) had the same build as the development environment.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    Kowa wrote:
    I had the same issue, have you checked that Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe and finsql.exe have the same build number ? That caused this error in my case after I compiled with Build 35800 and at the same time used a windows client with RTM build 35473.
    Apparently there was in change in the compiler in Rollup 1 and this leads to this "[…]NavTextConstant.does not contain a constructor that takes 5 arguments" error.
    Error messages : http://www.msdynamics.de/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=22080 (German forum)

These error messages came up on my local machine until the Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe (=Windows client) had the same build as the development environment.

Thanks. Not the exact problem but pointed me in the right direction. Turns out the service I was using to test had not been updated. Updating it resolved the issue. I thought I'd gotten both services, but apparently missed this one.