Options

Upgrade to NAV2013R2 cannot continue because of old objects

mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
edited 2014-01-08 in NAV Three Tier
While updating with this document http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav/archive/201 ... 13-r2.aspx

in step 9b I need to import all new 2013R2 objects.fob.

Then I see this message:

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Development Environment
The application object of type Table with ID 6041688 has been compiled with an old version of the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Development Environment Client. The object must be recompiled to work with this installation of the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server. If you have recently upgraded the database, we recommend that you build all objects using the Build Server Application Objects menu item in the Tools menu.

In step1 of the upgrade procedure we still had some objects from an old ISV partner in which the customer does not have right the run the table or delete the table. To continue step1 we used a procedure found on this site I deleted the objects with:
UPDATE [Database].[dbo].[Object]
SET [ID] = 99688
WHERE ID = 6041688
After this we could delete the table 99688

Then to be sure we deleted records from [Object Tracking] and [Object Metadata]

Step1 is done but not sure how to continue.
But there is still something left as the upgrade cannot continue. Please experts...help :)

Answers

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Before importing the upgraded objects into the conversion database, the objects should have been prepared in an empty NAV2013R2 database that was technically upgraded from older versions.
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    I'm not sure why you changed the ID from sql, you need to delete it from sql. this is how I get around objects I don't have access to.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    Found the problem.

I must have missed a deletion of 1 object in the table [Object Metadata Snapshot] too. Redoing the sql delete statements solved it.

I can now import and compile all objects except 3 tables. They look the same but are different:

The Description field with 11 ID in the Sales Invoice Line table has been deleted
    from metadata, but the table contains data in the ... database.
    OK

The field Freq.Quantity with ID 50020 in the table Sales Cr.Memo Line cannot be deleted
    or changed because the field contains data in the ... database of the ... company.
    OK

The Description field with 12 ID in the To-do table has been deleted from metadata,
    but the table contains data in the ... database.
    OK
  • Options
    Before importing the upgraded objects into the conversion database, the objects should have been prepared in an empty NAV2013R2 database that was technically upgraded from older versions.

The objects were prepared by a using a Demo 7-1 Database with the latest objects and adding the custom fields manually into the tables. After this some modifications were re-done into the tables
    and codeunits. Reports will be re-done too.

I have read your statement a few times and interpret is as: Create new 2009R2 database, import all objects from the customer (no data). Then open and convert in 2013, Then open and convert in 2013R2. Is this correct?
  • Options

The Description field with 11 ID in the Sales Invoice Line table has been deleted
    from metadata, but the table contains data in the ... database.
    OK

The field Freq.Quantity with ID 50020 in the table Sales Cr.Memo Line cannot be deleted
    or changed because the field contains data in the ... database of the ... company.
    OK

The Description field with 12 ID in the To-do table has been deleted from metadata,
    but the table contains data in the ... database.
    OK

Solved: See here viewtopic.php?f=32&t=60156&p=286719#p286719