Options

Where to find caption for "Field"

ShedmanShedman Member Posts: 194
edited 2013-12-27 in NAV Three Tier
I'm working on a solution in which I want to be able to show caption of the type of an object. This I can do quite easily, getting it from the Type field in the Object table.

I would also like to do the same for the text "Field". I have tried using the table caption of the Field table, but unfortunately, this does not change when changing the global language. At least, not in the Dutch localisation.

I've searched NAV 2013 R2 for a table, or maybe another object that has a caption of "Field", but no such luck. Not even a field in the Change Log Setup or something.

Anyone have any idea where I can find a field in some table, or another solution that will give me the multilanguage caption of "Field" in any language (provided the localisation for that language is installed of course).

Answers

• Options
    geordiegeordie Member Posts: 655
    Look at table 5095 "Duplicate Search String Setup", you can use the caption of field "Field" :wink:
  • Options
    ShedmanShedman Member Posts: 194
    Thanks Geordie :D

Solution could not have been simpler of course: create a list page on the Field table and set a filter in the 'Field Name' on the value 'Field', or any value that you might need.