NAV2013 --> 2013R2 Upgrade problem

taher.bhataher.bha Member Posts: 48
edited 2014-06-19 in NAV Three Tier
Hi experts,
I'am trying to upgrade A NAV2013 database to NAV2013R2 following Ms guide (see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=324164). I'am using a French localisation.

I'am having the following erreor when trying to running the Example.ps1 using powershell ISE as a final step. The script is supposed to automate the process based on given prerequisities.
The script Example.ps1 is originally located in the WindowsPowerShellScripts\Upgrade from the NAV2013R2 DVD.

Before running the script i manually run the following commande : Import-Module C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\71\Service\NavAdminTool.ps1

Here's the script's execution error :

COMMENTAIRES : Admin connection to ServerInstance 'MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer$1_64e8311c-1548-4d98-a120-fbc135594b6b' has been closed
Invoke-NAVCodeunit : Le terme «Invoke-NAVCodeunit» n'est pas reconnu comme nom d'applet de commande, fonction, fichier de script ou programme exécutable.
Vérifiez l'orthographe du nom, ou si un chemin d'accès existe, vérifiez que le chemin d'accès est correct et réessayez.

Au caractère Invoke-UpgrateToolkitStep1ProcessPreconditionsPerCompany:91 : 91
+
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Invoke-NAVCodeunit:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

A possible english translation of the bold part of the message (google's) would be : The term 'Invoke-NAVCodeunit "is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file or executable program.
Check the spelling of the name, or if a path exists, verify that the path is correct and try again.

Any Ideas ? Thanks in advance.

Answers

• dmc-dkdmc-dk Member Posts: 42
    It seems that it is still referring to the Management DLL of NAV 2013, where Invoke-NAVCodeunit was not available. Do you have both NAV 2013 and NAV 2013 R2 installed on this box? Try running Repair (from the Add/Remove Programs) on NAV 2013 R2 installation or uninstall NAV 2013 from this box until the upgrade is complete.

There are more elaborate ways of making NAV 2013 and NAV 2013 R2 coexist on the same box - there is a hotfix released for NAV 2013 which solved the problem of 2 management dlls running side-by-side - you can search the forum, or you can try replacing the “Add-PSSnapin "Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Management"” line with Import-Module “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\71\Service\NavAdminTool.ps1” line everywhere in the upgrade scripts... but the workarounds above are the quickest.

Best regards,
    DMC
  • taher.bhataher.bha Member Posts: 48
    Thanks a lot DMC.
    Both 2013 and 2013R2 versions were indeed on my laptop. Reinstalling Dynamics Nav 2013 R2 with latest Rollup Update resolved the issue.

Thx again.