Options

RTC minutae

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited 2013-12-16 in NAV Three Tier
Hello,

I just recently jumped the RTC wagon (2013 r2) and I am having a couple of annoyances for which, I hope, some quick solutions could be found.

1. When running objects from the designer, every time I get a new instance of RTC. This seems to take extra time and it clutters the workspace. Can this somehow be changed, so the existing RTC instance is reused?

2. The column captions in list pages (such as Item List) are single line. In classic you could easily make them multi-line wrapped text by expanding them vertically. I was unable to figure out how to do this in RTC, can it be done?

Thanks. Cheers,
Marko

Comments

• Options
    tedl30tedl30 Member Posts: 59
    zehnan wrote:
    Hello,

I just recently jumped the RTC wagon (2013 r2) and I am having a couple of annoyances for which, I hope, some quick solutions could be found.

1. When running objects from the designer, every time I get a new instance of RTC. This seems to take extra time and it clutters the workspace. Can this somehow be changed, so the existing RTC instance is reused?

2. The column captions in list pages (such as Item List) are single line. In classic you could easily make them multi-line wrapped text by expanding them vertically. I was unable to figure out how to do this in RTC, can it be done?

Thanks. Cheers,
    Marko

1. you have wrong regedit file
  • Options
    Thanks for that. #2 works. About the registry, any tips on where to look at? I googled out this location may be relevant for my case:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DYNAMICSNAV\Shell\Open\Command

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\71\RoleTailored Client\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe -protocolhandler "%1"

I can't see anything wrong with it, however.