Options

NAV 2013 R2 with SQL Server 2008

postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
edited 2013-12-11 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

Before Upgrade to NAV 2013 R2 i had see the System Requirements NAV2013R2 which says that the Minimum SQL Server Required for NAV 2013 R2 is SQL Server 2008 as per the attached image.

But when i tried installing NAV 2013 R2 with SQL Server 2008, Then setup is unable to restore the Demo Database.

Reason - When i tired to restore the database manually i found out that the database backup was taken from SQL SERVER 2008 R2. ](*,)

As there is no other way to restore a database here are my questions -

a) IS NAV 2013 R2 is compatible to SQL SERVER 2008?
b) IF Yes from where i can get the backup that can be restored in SQL SERVER 2008?

Do reply if possible.

Thanks & Regards,
Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
123.png 176.7K

Comments

• Options
    navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Reason - When i tired to restore the database manually i found out that the database backup was taken from SQL SERVER 2008 R2.

Change compatible level and then take the backup after that it will support.
    Now or Never
  • Options
    postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    Dear Navuser1,

No it didn't happened even after changing the compatibility level. ](*,)

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
  • Options
    ppavukppavuk Member Posts: 334
    It seems it is impossible to restore sql2012 backup to 2008R2 and 2008r2 to sql2008. before 2023R2 there was a NAV backup, so we were able to use it to restore demo db to older SQL servers. It is not NAV, but SQL issue. You can't restore sql backup on older systems, even if you changed compatibility mode... I hit this problem before and even found MS document, explaining this (dont have a link with me now).

I think only way for 2013r2 is to use sql server from setup disk, whatever version it is. Of course, when you do upgrade - you can use sql from 2008 onward, as your DB is already in old format, and you basically just importing objects/converting database.