Options

Permission Sets and educational use of NAV2013R2

hvdhoevenhvdhoeven Member Posts: 99
edited 2013-12-13 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

At the moment Avans University of Applied Sciences is using NAV2009R2 for educational purposes: we teach ERP and illustrate this with NAV (hands on for students).
The rights "student-users" have, are ALL and SUPER(DATA).
We have about 60 databases up and running, each databases contains 40 identical companies. One database is used by one student group, with one teacher. The student only has access to his own company (with given rights) and the teacher has SUPER rights for all companies in his database. We only use the RTC. Students need to have a lot of permissions, since they will be acting as purchaser, warehouse worker, controller, and so on.

We plan to perform a new installation for NAV2013R2 in the coming months.

Now I see
* The RTC also contains the permission sets, which are available for students, in the given rights
* SUPER(DATA) has much more rights then in the NAV2009R2 (maybe this is the same issue as the former *)

I'm looking for a "student permission set" which is similar to our present permission set, but excludes certain permissions, that are "dangerous" in our setup, like:
* changing user data/permissions
* creating, copying databases and companies

Is there anybody who can help me with this question? Maybe also with suggestions about which permissions to exclude?
If somebody is willing to help, I would like to share the solution with all Universities in the DYNAA (Dynamics Academic Alliance), of course mentioning your name/company.

Looking forward to read your reaction!
Thank you very much.
Best,

Hans van der Hoeven
Avans University of Applied Sciences
The Netherlands

Comments

• Options
    geordiegeordie Member Posts: 655
    Hi, a couple of questions regarding what users could or couldn't do:
    * Change accounting setups (G/L setup, chart of accounts, etc...)?
    * E-mail send?
    * Manage web services configuration?
    * Alter database?
    * Job queue management?
  • Options
    hvdhoevenhvdhoeven Member Posts: 99
    Thanks, but maybe I have to explain a bit more...

I do need a new permission set which contains allmost the same as the combi of ALL + SUPER(DATA), but in a way that I can exclude rights.
    I mean: I want to have a new permission set with all rights in a long list, so I can exclude rights from that total list.
    Something linke BASIC, but a longer list of rights then BASIC.

Who is able to help me?
    Thanks,

Hans