Options

The connection to the server has been lost.....

petrus1964petrus1964 Member Posts: 6
edited 2013-12-02 in NAV Three Tier
Dear all

We are currently using MS Dynamics NAV 2009 R2 Build 32966. Our users are experiencing on a daily basis intermittent issues when performing certain operations within NAV such as when running a report or posting transactions. They lose their connection to the server. Below are details I am seeing in their Windows Application Event Log:

Log Name: Application
Source: MicrosoftDynamicsNAVClient
Date: 02/12/2013 11:17:42
Event ID: 0
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: ACC-WS1.xyzltd.msft
Description:
Type: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.NavClientClosingException
Message: The connection to the server has been lost. The application will close.
StackTrace:
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ExceptionHandler.DoExecute(Func`1 execute)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ExceptionHandler.DoRethrowWithCatchException(Exception exception)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ExceptionHandler.Application_ThreadException(Object sender, ThreadExceptionEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(Exception e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnThreadException(Exception e)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(ApplicationContext context)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.WinClient.RunCore()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ExceptionHandler.ExecuteAndCatchExceptions(Func`1 execute)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ExceptionHandler.DoExecute(Func`1 execute)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.WinClient.Run()
Source: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client

Has anyone experienced this before? Is there a hotfix/es that was released in order to fix this issue? Any help on this would be much appreciated.

TIA
Pierre

Comments

• Options
    geordiegeordie Member Posts: 655
    There's this kb, referred to build no. 33319: it's referred to a very specific cause, so I don't know if suits for your case.
    Can you identify a precise task/operation that raise this type of error?

You can consider also upgrading to last release and perform some test to identify possible net errors or so on.
  • Options
    petrus1964petrus1964 Member Posts: 6
    geordie wrote:
    There's this kb, referred to build no. 33319: it's referred to a very specific cause, so I don't know if suits for your case.
    Can you identify a precise task/operation that raise this type of error?

You can consider also upgrading to last release and perform some test to identify possible net errors or so on.

This happens when user tries changing dates, running a report from within NAV 2009 R2, posting transactions. This happens intermittently but it is annoying.
    I tried accessing the KB link but since I do not have a CustomerService profile I cannot access it. Would it be possible to send me the full article here?

Thanks