Options

How to display reports in Navigation pane in NAV13

surya_tejasurya_teja Member Posts: 5
edited 2013-11-29 in NAV Three Tier
Hi everyone,

i am trying to have the reports in navigation pane. when i add it in the development environment i am able to view it in navigation pane. but i cannot view the reports in "Customize navigation report".

Please is there a way to create a separate module and assign reports according to users through "opening RTC in configuration mode."

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    I never use NAV 2013 yet, but in NAV 2009 R2:
    If I understand you correctly, you can add the report first in MenuSuite 1090 Dept - Company.
    This way, your report could be shown in Department Navigation pane.
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • Options
    James_TerringtonJames_Terrington Member Posts: 1
    Hi :)

No NAV 2013 does not allow you to add reports to the Navigation Pane. You can only add Pages to the Navigation pane.

You would need to add the Reports to the Ribbon instead. This can be done by Right clicking on the report and selecting ADD TO ROLE CENTRE ribbon.

Regards
    James
  • Options
    surya_tejasurya_teja Member Posts: 5
    Thank you james, i have also done the same....but yet it would be great if we could add reports in navigation pane same as pages,hope microsoft will bring this functionality soon :D
  • Options
    rahul_jnkrahul_jnk Member Posts: 61
    Its sad the we cannot add report in the navigation pane.
  • Options
    This feature will be never implemented, because it does not match with the new look of every ms product. You will always find actions in the ribbon bar. Can you explain me, why this is bad?

best regards