Options

NAV 2013 Report Loading Issue

matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
edited 2013-11-25 in NAV Three Tier
I have a strange issue with a NAV 2013 report and couldn't figure out the proper terms to search for a solution.

When I preview the report there are about five values that do not appear at first, but then roughly one second later they show up. It's not that they appear on one page and not on another. They literally are not there when the report is first rendered and then appear later. It is a mix of captions and fields. When I PDF the report I get it without any of the values. The report started as a copy of the base NAV Sales Credit Memo report. I did the exact same changes on the Sales Invoice report and do not have this issue.

Some things I have already tried or noticed:
When previewing the report, about every second it appears that it is trying to reload itself. I can see the hourglass come on for a split second. Nothing else happens visually, though. Just the missing data appears after the first reload.

Confirming the margins and sizes of the pages and everything else. It does push to a second nearly empty page on preview, but not PDF. The layout is about 6in wide with 1cm margins. Page sizes are 8 1/2 x 11. The height is definitely not more than 11in on the one I am printing. Header and Footer total 5in and it is a one line document.

It has nothing to do with the order of the fields in the dataset or in the “invisible” text boxes that house the data. There are fields that show up immediately that are in-between these and/or after them. The "SetData" textboxes are loaded before any information is used for display purposes.

This is build 34797.

I am at a loss. Does anyone have an idea?

Comments

• Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Ok, of course I figure this out after posting. Doesn't matter that I spent hours and hours on it before.

In report 10074 - Sales Invoice, the hidden text box to set the data is behind the report logo, top-left corner, where it should be.
    In report 10073 - Sales Credit Memo, the "hidden" text box is embedded in one of the address fields.

=IIF(false, Code.SetLeftHeaderData(ReportItems!LeftHeaderInfor.Value), Code.GetData(1, 1))

It comes after the logo, which does load correctly. I don't quite understand that. But taking this out of the address text box and making it its own in the top-left corner seems to have done the trick.

So while fixed, I would still like to know why the logo would load correctly even though the SetData command is evaluated after it.