Options

SQL CAL & UserName Credential

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
edited 2013-11-25 in NAV Three Tier
Dear Sir,

Client Machines can access the NAV 2013 R2 Database & application through UserName Credential but the we are not able to find the user/login in the SQL Server machine where the database actually exist.

How is it possible ? Or we are missing something. :roll:

Thanks.
Now or Never

Comments

• Options
    rmonrmon Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Have you created the DB from the same user from which you are logged in..??
    If yes, Navision 2013 will allow to validate the login attempt(through the same user, you have created the DB) even if you have not created any user in that DB.

Thanks,
    Rajat Monga
  • Options
    I have not created the db from that user(KP).
    I have created the DB from Administrator account.
    Now or Never
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    With NAV 2013, the users do not exist in SQL. Only the account for the Service Tiers do.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    bbrown wrote:
    With NAV 2013, the users do not exist in SQL. Only the account for the Service Tiers do.

If I understand you correctly then there is no need to buy extra SQL CAL while purchasing the extra NAV 2013 users.
    Now or Never
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    navuser1 wrote:
    bbrown wrote:

If I understand you correctly then there is no need to buy extra SQL CAL while purchasing the extra NAV 2013 users.

No, that is not correct. You still need SQL CAL. A CAL grants a user or device the rights to access SQL. That has nothing to do with the accounts created in SQL.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.