Options

Finding the table linked to Customer Notes Fact Box

jondiveleyjondiveley Member Posts: 2
edited 2013-11-20 in NAV Three Tier
Our NAV version is 2009 R2 - US Dynamics 6.0 SP1. In our customer master card we have a fact box for Notes. We use this to report AR collection activity. Can anyone tell me in which NAV table these Notes reside? Also, if NAV has a more functional way to record AR collection activity (calls, customer promises, etc.) I would like to find and use it. I am sure the answer to this is easy if your are a developer, which I am not. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    Well, the "standard" way would be hitting Customer menu, Contact, automatically creating a Contact this way, this is under the Sales menu for later finding, then on the Contact Card Create Interaction, log the phone call, and later on check it in the Contact menu, interaction log entries. Also the logging of e-mails can be set up.

I mean in the sane Classic client. You poor souls are using the Role Tailored Client, which is a mess, so I don't know where to find all this. Just try to find some action that says Contact, then try to find the Contacts elsewhere, and try to find some action that says Create Interaction.

This Contact interaction management is more often used as a pre-sales CRM/marketing, not aftersales collection, but there is nothing particularly wrong with recording interactions of a collection type - CRM philosophy says that all interactions with a customer should be represented in one place, so for example before someone proposes a new sales quote they can look it up whether there were payment problems with that particular customer in the past.
  • Options
    AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    Table Record Link (2000000068).
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • Options
    aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    I mean in the sane Classic client. You poor souls are using the Role Tailored Client, which is a mess, so I don't know where to find all this. Just try to find some action that says Contact, then try to find the Contacts elsewhere, and try to find some action that says Create Interaction.

I would think that with your experience you would have better advice than this. With as much as you vocalize your hatred for the RTC, surely you know about the search box. In it, someone using the NA version of NAV could find the Credit Management pages, which are used for credit and collection activities.

I don't disagree with your solution for contacts/interactions etc., but your dislike for the RTC shouldn't seep through.