Options

NAV 2013R2 - ControlAddin can not load after upgrade

MarcoVMarcoV Member Posts: 15
edited 2014-12-04 in NAV Three Tier
First of all, I think I'm probably missing something simple. But I've been searching for a solutions for a couple of days now.

I've upgraded a NAV2013 RTM database to NAV2013 R2. That all worked fine, but when I tried to compile a page with one of our control add-ins I received the following error:
"Could not load type 'abcdefgh;PublicKeyToken=12345a123bc'.

Strange thing is that one of our other add-ins works fine. I both installed them in the add-ins folder and in the "Client Add-in" folder. Oh and it still works in NAV2013 RTM..

What else did I miss?
With kind regards,

Marco de Vries

Comments

• Options
    jjbravojjbravo Member Posts: 19
    I've seen this error is your .net addin is referencing the 2013 Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Extensibility.dll instead of the new 2013 R2 Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Extensibility.dll.
    Try referencing the new dll in your addin project and re-compile.

John
  • Options
    MarcoVMarcoV Member Posts: 15
    jjbravo wrote:
    I've seen this error is your .net addin is referencing the 2013 Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Extensibility.dll instead of the new 2013 R2 Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Extensibility.dll.
    Try referencing the new dll in your addin project and re-compile.

John

Hi John,

I'm going to test your solution, I'll let you know if it works.

Thanks,
    With kind regards,

Marco de Vries
  • Options
    jjbravojjbravo Member Posts: 19
    Also, make sure when you reference Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Extensibility.dll set the copy to output directory to false on your reference. It might be that you have an old version of the Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Extensibility.dll in your Addin directory.

Let me know.

John
  • Options
    CyberghostCyberghost Member Posts: 46
    Hi

Did you manage to solve this?

Cheers

Chris
    "When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Holmes

"God and developers are in a constant battle. Developments to make their applications more idiot-proof, and God to produce bigger idiots!"