Options

NAV 2013 RTC Crashes

KSP_NAVKSP_NAV Member Posts: 68
edited 2013-11-19 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,

While trying to connect the NAV 2013 RTC, one of my client is facing the below error. I have searched the forum and were able to see lot of discussions, but couldn't find any solutions.

The server "net.[url=tcp://]tcp://[/url]<Server Name>:7046/DynamicsNAV/Service" is either unavailable or your connection has been lost.

Example : If logging for the First Time and while running Sales Order, the above error appears. For the second time, I was able to run the Sales Order but if I click Statistics, then again the above error appears and the same continues every time while performing a new action.

My User is Using Win 8 Single Language OS, what could be the problem?

Thanks
KSP

Comments

• Options
    MarcoVMarcoV Member Posts: 15
    Hi KSP,

First of all, did you install all "update rollups" for NAV 2013? A lot of issues have been resolved over time.
    With kind regards,

Marco de Vries
  • Options
    KSP_NAVKSP_NAV Member Posts: 68
    Hi Marco,

Thanks for your reply. No, there is no updates installed. If you have any specific one, pls let me know.

Regards,
    Prabu KS
  • Options
    Jens_M-PJens_M-P Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 39
    You should investigate the Event Viewer log on the client and the server and look for errors in Microsoft Dynamics NAV. That can give you an idea of what went wrong.
    Best regards,
    Jens Møller-Pedersen [MSFT]

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Options
    MarcoVMarcoV Member Posts: 15
    Microsoft is using update rollups now. You can download the latest here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav/archive/2013/10/24/update-rollup-7-for-microsoft-dynamics-nav-2013-has-been-released.aspx

A lot of crashes of the clients are fixed in the platform updates.
    With kind regards,

Marco de Vries