Requisition worksheet lost. How do you handle?e?

shankshank Member Posts: 55
edited 2014-03-20 in NAV Three Tier
How do you handle requisition worksheets? When they get pulled to a PO, the original req is lost. There is no way to recall who put in the req.

The situation I get stuck with is that if 4 people put a req for the same thing, the buyer pulls in the reqs to a PO, but we never know who put in the reqs and at what quantities so we neve can trace and question an issue.

Comments

• jaymesh+shahjaymesh+shah Member Posts: 4
    Hi Shank,

You can manage multiple req. worksheet through USER ID filed.
    You need to only visible it on respective Form/Page

Regards,
    Jaymesh
  • shankshank Member Posts: 55
    Hi Shank,

You can manage multiple req. worksheet through USER ID filed.
    You need to only visible it on respective Form/Page

Regards,
    Jaymesh

I don't understand what you mean. Please give me more detail.
    Anyone?
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    You create a requisition worksheet in a journal.
    Each journal can be named.

Juct click f1 on the field for help.
    Name Field
    The Requisition Wksh. Name Table
    Here you must enter the name of the requisition worksheet you are creating.
    The name can be, for example, the name or initials of the user who will use the requisition worksheet.
    You can have the program number the requisition worksheet names automatically with each conversion to a purchase order by including a number in the name. For example, the name ANNE1 will change by one number with every conversion, to ANNE2, ANNE3, and so on.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh897581(v=nav.71).aspx
    Ah I think I didn't word my question correctly.

After you create a requisition, when you create a PO from it, the requisition disappears. So you can never tell who put in that requisition.

I know how to put in the requisition, I just don't know how to track who entered it when the purchasing team creates POs
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    How many people do you have making requisition worksheets?

So you want to transfer the "requestor" of the items to some field in the po?
    Savatage wrote:
    How many people do you have making requisition worksheets?

So you want to transfer the "requestor" of the items to some field in the po?

We have many people maybe 15-20 that can put in purchase requisitions. I like the approval idea, but we have so many reqs that come through daily for our projects that it would slow down the approver. The idea is to be able to back track at a later date who requested something.