Options

Export file to SFTP

shibilyshibily Member Posts: 89
Hi Experts,

I was trying to export a file from Navision to an SFTP folder on another server and I used the method mentioned in the following link.
http://techblog.byllemos.com/2009/06/up ... -navision/

This is working perfect for normal ftp, But the requirement is to export to an SFTP and this is not working.

Am I missing something here, or is it not possible to export file to an SFTP?

Thanks,
Shibily

Answers

• Options
    sendit2jasonsendit2jason Member Posts: 23
    I'm not replying with a solution unfortunately, but just a heads up that FTP and SFTP often require different solutions as they are not the same communication protocol. Just to confuse matters I think SFTP also have sub variants; SSH and SSL connections.

To answer your last question; 'yes' you can export with SFTP, but with a separate solution to your link. We have used the WinSCP program.

Good luck :thumbsup:
    Jason Bradley
    Working with NAV since 2001

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens” - Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    shibilyshibily Member Posts: 89
    I'm not replying with a solution unfortunately, but just a heads up that FTP and SFTP often require different solutions as they are not the same communication protocol. Just to confuse matters I think SFTP also have sub variants; SSH and SSL connections.

To answer your last question; 'yes' you can export with SFTP, but with a separate solution to your link. We have used the WinSCP program.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Thank you Jason,
    I also used WinSCP method and it worked. I used the following link for help.
    http://blog.skufel.net/2011/12/automati ... ng-winscp/

Thanks,
    Shibily
  • Options
    vidyamogervidyamoger Member Posts: 2
    Hi I am also able to transfer files between SFTP folder and NAV using WinSCP PutFiles and GetFiles methods.

Now how it working is,
    NAV exports text files into a shared folder --> using WinSCP transfer file from shared folder to SFTP folder

What is required,
    NAV export/import files directly to/from SFTP folder (without Windows shared folders in middle)

Is it not possible to write (export) and read (import) files directly between NAV and SFTP folders?

Thanks in advance
    VM