Options

What is routing?

anushafdoanushafdo Member Posts: 32
edited 2013-11-14 in NAV Three Tier
I am trying to understand the concepts of Manufacturing in NAV 2009 R2 RTC and trying to learn by implementing in a very small setup to start with. Just completed the first course 80260A MAN1.

This setup has five injection molding machines works on two shifts a day, 24x6 (Sunday off). The Production BOMs are simple with rare phantom BOM for subassemblies. Once a plan to make a certain item, production process is simple. Just fix the mold to a machine, add (mostly) two types of raw materials, ie pellets and colorants. Machine just injects, press, cool and the item is made. The whole work is complete within a single machine. (other products on other machine)

In the process, what is the process is called routing? (being a networking background those days, whenever I say routing, mind goes somewhere :-$ ).

Thank you in advance

Shaf

Comments

• Options
    ErictPErictP Member Posts: 164
    From the Help:
    Manufacturing companies use routings to show the production process.
    The routings form the basis for production planning and control.
    Routings include detailed information about the method of manufacturing of a particular item.
    It includes the operations to be performed and their sequence.
    You can also include information about tools, personnel and quality measures.
    For each product, routings contain a step-by-step set of instructions that describe how the product is made.

So in your example the routing has only one operationline with a Machine Center, setuptime and Run Time
  • Options
    anushafdoanushafdo Member Posts: 32
    thank you. I too went through that.
    I hope anyone with experience in Injection molding process implementation experience can clarify this.

TIA