Options

RDCL Report: Header GetData fields only printed on last page

marcgernermarcgerner Member Posts: 6
edited 2013-11-15 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I'm having this issue with a copy of the 206 report using NAV 2013. I created a copy of the report to create my own Sales Invoice, but having this issue with the header.

I placed the CustAddr and some other fields in the header, using the SetData and GetData functions. Only all these fields are hidden and only printed on the last page of the report, instead of on all report pages. Though label-fields on the header are printed on all pages (expression for these field are like: =First(Fields!InvNoCaption.Value, "DataSet_Result")).

I took a look at the dataset and saw the CustAddr fields are set on all lines, so the problem has to be something with the layout.

Can someone help me on how to get the proper field values on all report pages instead of only the lastone?

Marc

Comments

• Options
    geordiegeordie Member Posts: 655
    I think it's related where you put textboxes which perform "Code.SetData": ensure they are placed at the beginning of the list which they are included in.
  • Options
    marcgernermarcgerner Member Posts: 6
    Hi Geordie,

Thanks for your reply! This seemed to be the solution. Can you explain why NAV needs the container field to be on the top left corner of the list?

Thanks again, this helped me a lot!

Marc
  • Options
    geordiegeordie Member Posts: 655
    Because output rendering is performed for every page in the following order:

- Body
    - Header
    - Footer

If Code.SetData is at the end of the body, report variables will be evaluated too late to be shown through GetData function in all pages before the last one.

Hope not say any inaccuracy :oops:
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Everything gets evaluated in the order like you might read a book. Left to Right, Top to Bottom. So as mentioned, if you have say a company logo picture box first, then the set data to the right or below that picture box, it will first render the picture box with a GetData that returns an empty value.