Hundreds of SA session on MASTER db Nav Server

kamalbaaklinikamalbaaklini Member Posts: 37
edited 2014-02-24 in NAV Three Tier
Hello
I need to know why there are hundreds (now exactly 637) of session logged to Mater database.
I can see these session from File --> Database --> Information -->Session TAB --> Current Session

any explanation?

note that this server has only one NAV database, 50 connections through citrix and 60 normal client sessions.
and two connections from 2 BI servers to this database

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I've seen this happen with NAS / Application Servers. The company name was not capitalized exactly as it is in the NAV database so the connection to the database was successful but it wouldn't connect into the company. Left orphaned sessions out there that did not use up the license. Could be something similar.
  • rondaijrondaij Member Posts: 3
    hey kamalbaaklini, did you by any chance figure out what the problem was? I have the same situation (we also use citrix and BI) and I can't figure out why these sessions appear.
  • kamalbaaklinikamalbaaklini Member Posts: 37
    rondaij wrote:
    hey kamalbaaklini, did you by any chance figure out what the problem was? I have the same situation (we also use citrix and BI) and I can't figure out why these sessions appear.

Hello,
    it is mainly, from SQL sessions that are connected from BI system, not closing after logout.

I recommend, that you restart your SQL service every day and the windows server (where SQL is installed) minimum once per week.
  • ShedmanShedman Member Posts: 194
    I don't think restarting the SQL Server Service daily is a very good idea, performance wise. It's probably better to find a solution that kills sessions after a certain period of inactivity.