NAV 2013 R2 - Control Add-In for fields within a Repeater

BenBeasleyBenBeasley Member Posts: 6
edited 2014-04-28 in NAV Three Tier
Hello,

I understand that per the MSDN archive from 2009, Control Add-ins were not available for Repeater fields in 2009. Refer:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/cabeln/archive/2009/05/06/add-ins-for-the-roletailored-client-of-microsoft-dynamicsnav-2009-sp1-part1.aspx
Control Add-ins are supported for stand alone fields on a page. Please note the exception: Fields in a repeater are not supported yet.

I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck in using a Control Add-In for a field within a Repeater in 2013 or 2013R2; and if not, whether it is functionality that will ever be made available.

Comments

• wakestarwakestar Member Posts: 207
    it's not exactly the same but I have written a control addin which sits in a factbox.
    The factbox is shown in many different list pages (or card pages)

The AddIn updates itself on OnAfterGetRecord()

I don't think there will be an update soon for control addins ...
    there are ton of other things which MS has to improve first :wink:
  • nikolaknikolak Member Posts: 20
    It is not supported in any of the releases. You cannot use it since it will be automatically removed by the platform (it will never show in UI). For the future support, it is unlikely, there have not been many requests for this functionality.

You could make fact box control add-in and show it for selected record only. I'm not sure if this solves the problem in your scenario.
  • BenBeasleyBenBeasley Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the responses guys.

There are a couple of things I wanted to try using a Control Add-In on a Repeater, chief among them being replicating the old MatrixBox functionality; using the OnControlAddin to try and mess around with an object.Click event so that when a user selected a different column within the grid (rather than a different record), a trigger would be fired (i.e. factbox would update).

Couldn't work out any other ways to try and replicate the old matrix behaviour; it's not mission critical by any means, but would have been a fairly neat workaround if I could leverage the add-in from the repeater.

Thanks again.
  • CyberghostCyberghost Member Posts: 46
    Hi

I am trying to replicate some functionality from a 3.70 database into a 2013 FP1 database. Currently, when the box in the matrix is clicked, the OnAfterGetRecord trigger is activated, allowing the code to set some fields. However, from what I understand, the way Matrix forms are done in 2013 means that clicking on a different cell in the row doesn't call any triggers.

Did you find a way to replicate this functionality?

Cheers

Chris
    "When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Holmes

"God and developers are in a constant battle. Developments to make their applications more idiot-proof, and God to produce bigger idiots!"
  • Erik_LaarmanErik_Laarman Member Posts: 4
    BenBeasley wrote:
    Thanks for the responses guys.

There are a couple of things I wanted to try using a Control Add-In on a Repeater, chief among them being replicating the old MatrixBox functionality; using the OnControlAddin to try and mess around with an object.Click event so that when a user selected a different column within the grid (rather than a different record), a trigger would be fired (i.e. factbox would update).

Couldn't work out any other ways to try and replicate the old matrix behaviour; it's not mission critical by any means, but would have been a fairly neat workaround if I could leverage the add-in from the repeater.

Thanks again.

Same question here.... Anyone suggestions?