Options

Active Session table - Database Name field

alex9alex9 Member Posts: 97
edited 2013-11-08 in NAV Three Tier
It looks like Database Name field in Active Session table always contains the same value, which is obviously database name. Is that correct?
If so, would it be consistent to get the first (or any other) record from this table to read the database name and use it, say, in MESSAGE?

Comments

• Options
    geordiegeordie Member Posts: 655
    In my opinion the result would be more accurate retrieving database name filtering Session table with "My Session" = TRUE criteria.
  • Options
    AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    Do you mean Database Session?
    If yes, then I check it that it will contain the real DB Name (which can vary per user), instead of 1 DB Name value.

Use the recommendation by
    geordie wrote:
    geordie
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • Options
    alex9alex9 Member Posts: 97
    geordie wrote:
    In my opinion the result would be more accurate retrieving database name filtering Session table with "My Session" = TRUE criteria.
    Thanks, that sounds good. Just curious, what the difference between Session and Active Session tables? Under which circumstances Session table will have more than one record? This is NAV 2013.
  • Options
    geordiegeordie Member Posts: 655
    alex9 wrote:
    Thanks, that sounds good. Just curious, what the difference between Session and Active Session tables? Under which circumstances Session table will have more than one record? This is NAV 2013.

Honestly I'm not well aware about the differences but consider that in Active Session there are also NAS sessions and this means a small chance of error retrieving the right record; otherwise with Session table there will be just one row.