Options

Nav 09R2 RTC Links

mcmcomputmcmcomput Member Posts: 4
edited 2014-02-06 in NAV Three Tier
I am trying to create a link (i.e. [url=DynamicsNAV://server:7046/instance/company/runpage?page=21&mode=view]DynamicsNAV://server:7046/instance/comp ... &mode=view[/url] ) to bring up the specific customer card. Is there a bigger list of parameters available? The below is what I found on MS regarding links, but I'd like to specify &filter=CustomerNo:3847CND or something so I can send links to Nav directory to the particular customer.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd338670.aspx

This link talked about book marks, but not sure how these work or would apply to what i am doing since I didn't see any bookmark fields in Navision.
http://plataan.typepad.com/microsoftdyn ... lient.html

Thanks in advance!
-M

Comments

• Options
    geordiegeordie Member Posts: 655
    Hi, bookmarks are unique ID which identify a record: to generate them RecordRef variables need to be used, for instance here's some code can be used in a page based on Customer table:
    CLEAR(RecRef);
    RecRef.OPEN(DATABASE::Customer);
    RecRef.SETPOSITION(GETPOSITION);
    Bookmark := FORMAT(RecRef.RECORDID,0,10);  //10 = base64 encoding

You'll get a bookmark for every record (for example "23;EgAAAAJ7/0MAMAAwADEAMQAw") to combine with page URL in this way: [url]dynamicsnav://server:7046/instance/company/runpage?page=21&mode=view&bookmark=23;EgAAAAJ7/0MAMAAwADEAMQAw[/url]
  • Options
    If I create a new Text30 field in the Customer table 18 named "Bookmark" I am not sure how to use your code to populate this new field with the Bookmark. It seems like I would need to create a processing report to populate this field. Am I on the right track?
  • Options
    geordiegeordie Member Posts: 655
    Yes, create a report with a dataitem for Customer table and place the code above in OnAfterGetRecord trigger, just replacing Bookmark variable with your field, which should be a Text100 or so on.

But be aware of this:
    - report must run in RTC (on classic client you cannot get the bookmark of the record).
    - should be much better to develop a little function in order to retrieve "live" the bookmark when you need it instead of storing it in a field, because it changes when records get renamed.
  • Options
    Does all this apply in Nav 09 R2? We are not on Nav 2013.
  • Options
    jacobreinholdtjacobreinholdt Member Posts: 9
    I needed a .NET assembly to create bookmarks for linking to specific records in NAV in one of my own projects. The functionality to create bookmarks outside NAV is now available in a .NET assembly, COM object, or command line interface. You can find it here: http://www.morenav.com/nav-start

You are welcome to contact me if you want to work with it :-)

Regards,
    Jacob
  • Options
    mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    Nice :)
  • Options
    jacobreinholdtjacobreinholdt Member Posts: 9
    Thank you. I think that more than 20 cups of coffee went into that project :-)

/Jacob