Options

Document date

ro03ro03 Member Posts: 22
edited 2013-11-06 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Everyone,

We want to change the document date in report 204 sales - quote it shows : for example 31. october 2013 but i wanna see 31/10/2013
i changed the format with numbers and letters and changed the region code on the application server.

I don't know where i can change more setting can someone please help me? :)

Thx!

Answers

• Options
    geordiegeordie Member Posts: 655
    Hi and welcome, simply change SourceExpr of related textbox in section designer (no need to change regional settings):
    FORMAT("Document Date",0,'<Day,2>/<Month,2>/<Year4>')

For FormatStr usage please take a look at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd301367.aspx
  • Options
    geordie wrote:
    Hi and welcome, simply change SourceExpr of related textbox in section designer (no need to change regional settings):
    FORMAT("Document Date",0,'<Day,2>/<Month,2>/<Year4>')

For FormatStr usage please take a look at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd301367.aspx

Hi,

Thx for you're message!

Unfortunately i doesn't work i set ("Document Date",0,'<Day,2>/<Month,2>/<Year4>') as format to the object
    But the date is still dd. mm yyyy i want dd-mm-yy or dd-mm-yy i don't know what is wrong.

I work with NAV 2013 by the way.
  • Options
    ro03 wrote:
    Unfortunately i doesn't work i set ("Document Date",0,'<Day,2>/<Month,2>/<Year4>') as format to the object
    But the date is still dd. mm yyyy i want dd-mm-yy or dd-mm-yy i don't know what is wrong.

Sorry, I thought you were working with NAV 2009: so there will be a column in dataset designer called "DocDate_SalesHeader": change the data source from FORMAT("Sales Header"."Document Date",0,4) to FORMAT("Sales Header"."Document Date",0,'<Day,2>/<Month,2>/<Year4>') and should work.
  • Options
    geordie wrote:
    ro03 wrote:

Sorry, I thought you were working with NAV 2009: so there will be a column in dataset designer called "DocDate_SalesHeader": change the data source from FORMAT("Sales Header"."Document Date",0,4) to FORMAT("Sales Header"."Document Date",0,'<Day,2>/<Month,2>/<Year4>') and should work.

Hi Geordie,

See the image DocumentDateCaptionLbl is the item that went wrong do i need to change the format in Visual Studio or in Report Dataset Designer?
    Sorry i'm an starter with Dynamics NAV :)

Thanks!
  • Options
    DocumentDateCaptionLbl is the control providing the label of document date (orange box), you have to operate on DocDate_SalesHeader changing data source in NAV in order to customize the data format (red box).
    I attached a comparison between original report version and new one, hope it helps.
  • Options
    geordie wrote:
    DocumentDateCaptionLbl is the control providing the label of document date (orange box), you have to operate on DocDate_SalesHeader changing data source in NAV in order to customize the data format (red box).
    I attached a comparison between original report version and new one, hope it helps.

So many thanks!

It Works :D