Options

Microsoft Dynamics NAV as an App - how do I set a filter?

mbjmbj Member Posts: 63
edited 2013-11-11 in NAV Three Tier
I have deployed my customer list page in an app in O365 (on Azure) – how do I set a filter?

I got this message: Dialogs are not supported when Microsoft Dynamics NAV is running in embedded mode. (I don't want to leave SharePoint and therefore use the syntax isembedded=1)

Does someone have a workaround for filtering in NAV List apps?

Comments

• Options
    ChristianDamm_[MSFT]ChristianDamm_[MSFT] Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 15
    Hi,

Yes, the filter option is explicitly removed by NAV when a page is running in embedded mode, and this is because the filter button would open a dialog, which isn't supported in embedded mode. So there is unfortunately no way to achieve this.

How about designing the page so it has a pre-defined filter to begin with? I know this won't allow the user to change the filtering, but perhaps it would be ok in the given situation? It would be nice to know more about your scenario; could you share?

Our thinking behind showing NAV web parts on a SharePoint page was that they would typically be small "windows" providing read-only views on NAV data. We don't expect users to do must "work" inside the web parts.

Br., Christian
    Christian Heide Damm
    Developer @ Microsoft
  • Options
    mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    I have used it too as a view only, but can't we send an self made filter to the page?
  • Options
    edited 2013-11-02
    Customer case:
    We are upgrading customer (X) from NAV 2009 native to NAV to 2013 R2. X are also running a complex SharePoint 2007 solution with custom web parts, who are interacting with NAV through web services.
    The plan is to move SharePoint to version 2013, where we can use NAV as an app, and thereby saving a lots of time in developing/upgrading existing web parts. The list web parts/apps have to be search-/filterable because there are many records.
  • Options
    Yes, it would be nice if we could send a filter or connect to the NAV app part from a custom app/filter web part.
    Otherwise is it possible to link to NAV card from a custom list in SharePoint and go back to the list again when exit?
  • Options
    ChristianDamm_[MSFT]ChristianDamm_[MSFT] Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 15
    Thank you for describing the scenario in more detail.

I think you might be able to launch the NAV web client (a Card page) from any link, and when you close the page, it returns to the original page. Maybe using the isembedded parameter. BUT beware that this is not a tested or supported scenario so I wouldn't recommend basing your solution on it.

Br.,

Christian
    Christian Heide Damm
    Developer @ Microsoft