Options

Upgrading NAV 2009 R2 to NAV 2013

jwilderjwilder Member Posts: 263
edited 2013-10-25 in NAV Three Tier
I am starting the upgrade from NAV 2009 R2 to NAV 2013 (not R2 yet that will be my next step).

I have a NAV 2009 R2 database with all of the Forms and Dataports removed.

When I open the database in NAV 2013 Developer Environment it starts the upgrade for about 20 seconds then I get the following error:
Another user has modified the record for this Access Control after you retrieved it from the database.
Enter your changes again in the updated window, or start the interrupted activity again.
Identification fields and values:
User Security
ID='S-1-5etc...',Role ID='SUPER',Company Name=''

I then go back to Classic Client 2009 R2 to open up object designer and view the Windows Access Control table and it barely works. If I filter on the record in the error it lists that record 1000's of times (which is impossible since that would be a primary key violation). If I query it in SQL it is there once but it won't let me delete it. This is very weird, any help would be nice.

Comments

• Options
    One thing I have noticed is that we have many super users with a blank company defined (we have 3 companies). Though this was allowed in NAV 2009 R2 maybe it is not allowed in NAV 2013?
  • Options
    I started looking into the SQl table a bit and after running DBCC CHECKTABLE ('dbo.Windows Access Control') I get a ton of errors stating "Table error: Object ID 533576939, index ID 1, partition ID 72057623393992704, alloc unit ID 72057623315152896 (type In-row data). Keys out of order on page (3:13524440), slots 0 and 1."

So I fixed this by running DBCC CHECKTABLE ('dbo.Windows Access Control', REPAIR_REBUILD) and all is good. I then try to upgrade again and I run into the same problem as my original email and then the table becomes corrupt again.
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    try this.

copy the data to excel and delete all the records from the table and try and upgrade.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    I can't. It says I do not have permission to the Standard Text Table. We have an ALL role with Standard text Table in it. I can't delete it or anything. I definitely do have access to that table. I think I am going to start over and see if this happens again.
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504