NAV 2013 R2 Service Problem?

manikandanmanikandan Member Posts: 160
edited 2015-03-19 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,
I have successfully installed NAV 2013 R2 with web client.
After i created a one New DataBase and restored from the installation folder(Demo Database NAV (7-1)).
Service also started But i try to connect a new instance then getting Error Message like this,

Microsoft Dynamics NAV
The Microsoft Dynamics NAV server is currently not ready to serve requests. Try again later or contact your system administrator.
OK

if anything i am wrong please guide me to resolve this problem. ](*,)

Regards,
Muthusubramaian.M

Answers

• paddypowerpaddypower Member Posts: 98
    I am having the same problem. Did you manage to fix this issue?

Thanks

Mark
  • dmc-dkdmc-dk Member Posts: 42
    Please check if the login account used by the NAV Server has db_owner access to the new database.

In SQL Management, go to Security - Logins - find the login used by the NAV Server (e.g. Network Service) - Properties - User Mapping - find the new database and select db_owner in the "Database role membership".

Kind regards,
    DMC
  • CodingoCodingo Member Posts: 8
    I had exactly the same issue.
    The account from the service had all needed permissions, also db_owner.

Then I changed the option "Prevent data loss from table changes" from "Yes" to "No" (Development Environment: <Tools> <Options>) and clicked "OK".

After that everything worked as expected.
  • dmc-dkdmc-dk Member Posts: 42
    This is quite strange. Changing "Prevent data loss" is only there to connect/disconnect the C/Side to/from NST for validation of data schema changes. It has no effect on Server ability to run. So this must have been something else. The error described in the first post points towards Server inability to connect to the DB it is configured to run with.
  • BabaGuruBabaGuru Member Posts: 1
    This error occurs due to "NT Authority\Network Service" doesn't exist in SQL database. Create this "NT Authority\Network Service" user login in the database and give the role as db_owner. Your NAV 2013 R2 Service problem will be solved.

Regards,
    Baba Guru.
  • gonusNavgonusNav Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I was looking for solution to the same problem and I found this topic. I found another (I think) reason.
    During my remote instalation at the customer's server I encountered the same problem. I tried various solutions, like Firewall rules on ports, diferent Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server configuration, even Baba Guru solution didn't help. Every time during connection Client showed the same error. I found that after this Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server was stopped. When I checked Event Log I found something like this:
    DynamicsNAV71 The service has removed service principal names from Active Directory. Account: xxx \ $ xxx service principal names: DynamicsNAV/xxx: 7045 DynamicsNAV/xxxx.local: 7045

Then I tried change loggin method used by service from Network service to current user. It helped. I don't know, what was the reason, but I guess some rule of AD.
  • xecutionerxecutioner Member Posts: 4
    This was happening because of different DB names. :(:(:(:(

I had "Demo Database NAV (7-1)" as database name in instance settings. While I was restoring a DB with the name "Demo Database NAV (6-0)" in Management Studio.
    =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Changing the "Database Name" field in instance settings within Dynamics NAV Server console fixed the issue.
  • SRishiSRishi Member Posts: 26
    In Event log it's giving following detail for us.

StackTrace:
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavTenantCollection.WaitForConfigurationCompleted()
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavTenantCollection.TryGetTenantById(String tenantId, NavTenant& tenant, Boolean includeSystemTenant, Boolean includeFailed)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavTaskScheduler.CreateTaskRunInfo(TaskScheduleInfo schedule)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavTaskScheduler.RunScheduler()